Friday, January 1, 2010

Introduction


      I'm a 25 year-old lady on disability.  With all that time on my hands, I watch a ton of movies. In fact, let's keep it real, I watched a ton of movies before.  I'm really picky, kind of arbitrary, and I've always wanted to be a film critic.  I can't promise that I'm any good. I can't promise that I will review the movies that you like. I will most likely not review movies when they come to theaters, hence the "Couch Baroness" title.  I don't necessarily have a love of any specific genre. I  both love hate chick flicks, action, drama, documentaries, comedies (both smart and dumb) equally.  I am a little prejudiced against animated movies, so just take that with a grain of salt.

I would like to think that I know a lot about movies.  Hopefully, this will encourage me to learn more about movies. This will definitely seal the deal, and no one will never want to play Scene It with me ever again.  I have a large deficit of knowledge of older movies. I just have a couple favorites, but sooo much more to learn.

I watch most movies with my husband, Allan, so I will probably quote him to give contrary opinions to how I feel.  You may read this blog. You may not. I may never write in this again. All I know is it gives me a place to bitch about my intensely strong feelings about movies and films (I believe there is a difference).  Feel free to correct me. Definitely argue with me.   I will love you as much as you love me.

Your newly titled film critic,
Nicole Steele

p.s. I'm totally going to review TV shows too... oops.

1 comment:

  1. can you suggest a good comedy for a woman in her 40's

    ReplyDelete